Happy Earth Day. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. It is a day to appreciate and make an effort to be kind to our planet. Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22 to recognize and respect the environment and encourage people to reduce their plastic consumption and use more eco-friendly materials.
In 1969 at a UNESCO Conference in San Francisco, peace activist John McConnell proposed a day to honor the Earth and the concept of peace.
Some steps you can take to show your support for environmental protection, reduce, reuse and recycle;
· Use reusable bags when you go shopping
· Use recycling facilities
· Use reusable bottles
· Pack meals in reusable containers
· Choose energy-efficient appliances and turn off unused devices
· Donate things you want to get rid of if they are still usable.
· Walk or cycle instead of driving.
· Pay attention to how you use water
· Reducing the amount of solid waste you produce
· Teach others about the importance of the environment
· Protect Wildlife
· Watch your shopping, buy less to save money and the planet.
Take action today and encourage others to be kind to our planet.